|Melchizedek is OURS!||| Print ||
|Written by drk|
|Monday, 01 September 2008 14:43|
Should Christians PROSPER?
by Dr. Kluane Spake
Today I want to talk to you today about why most believers have missed many of the truths about God’s ideas on Melchilzedek prosperity.
Fist, let me quickly tell you one of my favorite stories – it’s TRUE:
On Valentines day last year my daughter and I went to the mall where one of the local jewelry stores told us to bring in our old jewelry and they would tell us if it had any value! It sounded like fun to us, so we went! Well, I brought a little box of old items that had been given to me by my mom, my aunt, and my grandmother. But, most of what was still there was totally meaningless to me – just junk. I don’t even know why I kept them. Actually, I had forgotten about them until this Jewelry store decided to have this day of fixing old jewelry.
So we go in and give the old man our little box of stuff. He goes through them rather quickly, saying things like, “Well this is just a sliver of a diamond, can’t do much with this.” “Here’s something that could be reset in a more modern pin that you may be able to wear – it doesn’t really have much value but would look pretty good.”
Then, he came to this old ring with a small stone. I could hardly remember where it had come from or …. that it was even there –
The old man actually gasped. “Oh, my goodness!”
He puts on his special optical lens and looks again. "Oh. Oh. Oh. I’ve never seen anything like this except in books! In all my life, never this… This is a perfect diamond. It’s about a carrot – but it is perfection.”
(I think I’ve always looked at big and gaudy). He goes on. “This was cut in Europe over 200 years ago. It’s totally flawless. It was obviously hand cut in a very unique design.”
The old jeweler calls everyone working in the store to come and look! There was excitement in the air! Lot of talking.
My daughter pokes me and says, “Mom, this is like being on Antique Road Show!”
The old jewelry paused and said, “This little diamond is worth at least $14,000.”
“What?” I was totally surprised. An hour earlier, I would have gladly let my grandkids play with that ring.
He said, “You can’t actually see the quality because of this old setting!”
“Then we need to reset it! I quickly responded. “Because I want to wear it!”
Isn’t that just like we are today? We don’t realize what we have! But when we do, it has value.
Old settings (or frameworks) are like old mindsets or old ways of looking at things that keep us from appreciating our inheritances.
Old minsets keep believers from comprehending the VALUE of what we’ve already been given. For many of us, our KINGDOM inheritance is STILL hidden in our drawer and remains mostly meaningless.
We have pearls of Great Price that are not visible. Let’s look at some treasures!
“We can only be said to be alive
in those moments when our hearts
are conscious of our treasures." Thornton Wilder
TODAY for this discussion, let’s just look in our drawer and see what’s there–
Let me begin by saying that We are really fortunate to live in this hour! Truly, this is the Greatest Hour of the Church. But… We’ve stored Scriptures in our drawer – not knowing their value! Our inheritance is mostly unseen. Many of the Greatest promises of God to us as believers have not ever been activated.
These promises are in our drawer! They are ALREADY OURS!
It doesn’t change your life much to have just read the Scriptures. We need to build a framework (or mindset) of understanding around them and then build upon them. We must activate God’s promises!
* Today let’s get our spiritual inheritances out of the drawer and look at them again. They are for us to wear TODAY.
* NOW, is the time to get our Divinely-given jewelry out of the drawer and put them on display to show forth their great worth!
The Bride is to be bedecked with jewels! She is to be God’s trophy -- on display for the world to SEE.
AS APOSTOLIC LEADERS WE MUST COMMUNICATE NEW THOUGHT WITH NEW IDEAS OF RELEVANCE.
In the last 20-30 years, we have unfolding new evidence from ancient documents that reveal the intended meanings of many new testament words.
Most people are unaware that we have access to more accurate Scriptural understanding in this generation than ever before.
If we read English translations that come from old versions, we have many mistranslated ideas.
* The Bible was only translated from the original language into English in relatively recent times – in the last 500 years. Prior to that, Scriptures were translated from Latin translations. The 1600s King James version leaves out words and sentences and adds others. Most concordances and commentaries do not include the startling new findings that have recently come to light. New factual data is opening the Books, just like Daniel promised.
* Modern scholars and theologians are able to go back to the original language and first manuscripts.
* Plus, and this is vital, we have new Historical papyri turning up that contain the abundant use of the words that only appear a few times in the NT.
* The internet make these discoveries known to the masses.
Thanks to abundant historical records from Biblical times (like court documents and so on), we can now know what these words actually meant and what those early church believers understood them to mean.
But, most of us still study using out-dated sources. Yes… they were written by well intentioned men. But, they translated the Bible by their perceptions of what they thought.
Theologically speaking, let me just briefly mention several major topics that were widely misrepresented in the early English translations.
* Theses first translators thought that God was vengeful and mean and therefore their translations reflected this attitude.
* Translators thought we had to lead lives of SUFFERRING and CONDEMNATION. The correctly translated Greek of the nt shows us a God who wants us to overcome in ever area of life. The Greek actually concentrates on enjoying victory and LIFE rather than constant dwelling on sin consciousness…
Another misunderstanding is that of
* Military themes which were deleted and mistranslated = the NT if full of exciting Military themes and terms. Victory is the dominant theme of the original language.
* WOMEN. Most early trans. mistranslated nearly every single reference concerning women.
* SICKNESS Most trans. Indicated that somehow sickness brought them closer to the Lord – rather than revealing health and healing!
* THE SUPERNATURAL: Most versions surpress the full impact of God’s power in the believer’s life.
WHAT WE WANT TO CONCENTRATE ON TODAY is this idea of poverty.
* Most believers think they need to be poor - that their poverty somehow pleases God.
That’s why, for hundreds of years, we read about Clerics living lives of abject poverty – believing that in some way they were pleasing God by their suffering. They would cloister themselves in abbys and convents. They would torture and whip their bodies, live lives of mendicancy and beg for food.
These were well intentioned church fathers who translated these Scriptures that speak about the evils of wealth. But they were mistaken.
Another problem with our ideas about prosperity is that in recent decades, we had a resurgence of teaching about prosperity. Many of their ideas were incredible. However, many serious problems ensued from some extreme hyper-teaching on prosperity. (Certainly not everyone) but some of those who taught prosperity, misused the concepts MAINLY for self–benefit.
Some recent excessive teachings on prosperity have left many confused and injured.
MANY WHO WERE IN THAT SO CALLED PROSPERITY CAMP HAVE RETURNED TO THE POVERTY MINDSET. WHILE OTHERS JUST LEFT THE CHURCH ALTOGETHER.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT FOR US TO SEE IS THAT NOW, FOR THE MOST PART, A POVERTY MINDSET SWEEPS THE CHURCH
These days, LOTS of believers have created concrete mindsets that make it very difficulty to teach new unveiling TRUTHs about Prosperity
Too many Biblical misunderstandings have caused believers to suffer miserable lives instead of being fully blessed.
But, it’s PROSPERITY and VICTORY – that’s what we’ll talk about today!
Because our understanding is progressing, we need to have a change of MIND.
Obtaining more accurate translations isn’t just about a TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
X MAN’S WISDOM FROM BOOKS
It’s about APOSTOLIC TRANSFORMATION
It’s about the FOOD OF THE SPIRIT SENT THROUGH ASCENSION GIFTS to change lives that will change the world.
Even those who are already prosperous… there’s more for you.
The scriptures are filled with the understanding that what is in your heart (our soul) is what is in your lives.
Your mind set is what you believe and it is who you are! It is the collection of what you use that is in your drawer of your mind.
Let’s open that drawer today. Let’s open it and find that there, out of gallery of your past, is your sense of self. Your personality
YOU FIND YOUR individuality and how YOU express yourself.
Over your whole life, precept-by-precept, your mind has gathered data about the world. It is like a …
Your mind is like a blank computer, it STORES & retrieves huge amounts of past memories.
Your mind is like a giant DRAWER OR filing cabinet in the brain, storing everything you’ve ever done, seen, heard, wanted, tasted, or smelled. Every sermon you’ve heard or preached… it’s all there – some in the deep recesses and corners of your mind.
* Your brain holds all the input of MEMORIES – REAL OR IMAGINED. Imprinted there is every sad tale, obsessive desire and seemingly ironic twist of chance.
* This stored information (that makes up your personality) can be either positive or negative. Your brain doesn’t differentiate. It just stores.
* All these collective inputs become your frame of reference.
* WHAT you put in your BRAIN is who you are… “MAGAZINES or scriptures!” Good news or bad.
Scripture tells us to renew our mind! That’s something we have to do! God won’t do it for us. He won’t make us stop feeling sorry for ourselves. He won’t make us stop lying. He won’t make us think properly about prosperity.
MOST BELIEVERS PUT MORE ENERGY IN AVOIDING PAIN THAN FINDING SUCCESS
Each of us, must renew our own mind.
THERE ARE severe Penalties of HAVING AN unrenewed mind-set:
1. Negative and mediocre thinking.
2. A LACK OF self-worth.
3. A mind consumed with mental and physical ailments.
4. A mind filled with fear, worry, anxiety of every kind.
5. Poverty, misery and lack of direction.
6. A sense of a wasted life.
7. The spirit of death.
Having a POVERTY MINDSET means that you don’t FULLY SEE G. FOR WHO HE IS AND WHO HE WANTS TO BE IN YOU
Your PERCEPTION = The Mind—Set = YOUR PRESENT REALITLY PERCEPTION = WHO YOU think YOU are.
THE JOB OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS to RE-PROGRAM the mind AND HELP US PUT ON THE NEW MAN. The “old man” sees the way things seem - or the natural self.
Your mindset is your personality
It affects every decision,
What is funny.
You and I are all victims OF OUR PAST -- until we renew our mind. That’s WHY BELIEVERS endure POVERTY instead of pushing past it in a forward direction. That’s why we endure inferiority, fear, depression, and self-destruction -- and not try to change them.
Statistics tell us that 87% of the church is dysfunctional – that’s because their mind has not grasped Kingdom and Dominion mind.
YOUR mind is where the game is won or lost.
? We are given the command to RENEW our MIND – God doesn’t do this for us. We do it.
? Here’s what we want to renew today!
Scripture tells us that we already have the MIND OF CHRIST! Imagine that! If we can apprehend this reality of ALREADY HAVING His mind, everything is possible. THIS SAME MIND of Christ IS IN YOU! That is the MINDSET we must find.
Here’s what we want to “PUT ON” today.
Jesus gave us a new priesthood.
He moved humanity into a new covenant.
Hebrews 7:12 tells us that the priesthood changed!
Jesus gave us His royal priesthood. Melchizedek!
That means we don’t have to labor under the Levitical system any longer! We are Melchizedek! How does that affect you?
Please, let’s read the story that follows in Hebrews 7;1-2 and look again at the first Melchizedek, “For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of RIGHTEOUSNESS," and then also king of Salem.”
We see here that Melchizedek was a King/priest of the most high God (that’s el elyon)
Melchizedek was a priest – an old testament priest was one who connected and mediated between heaven and earth, between God and humanity.
Melchizedek was a priest who performed priestly functions before the Levitical system was ever established.
We find another account in GEN. 14:18, “Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High . 19 And he blessed him and said: "Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth.”
After the battle against wickedness, there… at the crossroads, Melchizedek brought out bread and wine – and gave Abraham a covenantal and priestly blessing. He said, “Blessed be Abram of God most high, Possessor of heaven and earth.
Not only is God THE “el elyon” the most high GOD - the possessor of heaven and earth, He has made it possible for Abraham (and us) to be possessors as well.
These phenomenal words of spoken blessing set off an ongoing process that still affect believers who are the Spiritual children of Abraham.
The priestly act of blessing with WORDS is the transfer of favor or privilege.
Abraham was set apart and confirmed by this divine blessing.
God entered into a divine covenant with Abraham, promising land, prominence, and possessions.
Ab. Was given a MANDATE TO POSSESS THE LAND – This mandate STILL STANDS today.
Not only does this blessing covenant belong to us, but the power of the Melchizedek priesthood in us, gives us the power to bless others.
We see here that Melchizedek bought Abraham bread and wine to commemorate the victory over the wicked kings.
Just as the first communion was to celebrate victory, Jesus brought out bread and wine at the last supper to remind those who were there of His Victory in view of what will soon BE.
Communion was established in Melchizedek as a spiritual union of Victory.
IT was here, that Abraham tithed (before the law, and not out of coercion) – he tithed from the spoils of his victory!
Melchizedek was a priest and he also was a king.
Notice that this is our inheritance – to be both a priest and a king, not just one or the other. Jesus gives us an eternal Royal priesthood with the power of an endless life! How can we comprehend this gift?
We have looked at Melchizedek as a priest, now let’s look at Melchizedek again as a king!
Melchizedek is a name containing two words,
“Melch” means king.
A King reigns over something – there is dominion.
A king has authority and power to accomplish something
A king has jurisdiction- a king (man or woman) should have a command and influence over an area. There is a metron or measure of rule… a kingdom assignment.
> Ask yourself, where is your rule? What is your jurisdiction? What is your assignment? You need to write that down and build your goals around the understanding of your metron or reach of authority.
Like we said, Melchizedek is a name containing two words, Melch means king. Tzedek is the second part. Tzedek is our domain – or what we rule over. It is our jurisdiction.
Melch-tzedek ruled over tzedek which is usually translated “righteousness.” It is sometimes translated justice or judgment.
But, tzedek means a lot more than just having “right standing with God.” We are to be KINGs of TZEDEK!
Tzedek comes from a Semitic word meaning to be straight, firm, and steel-like. It means to act with integrity of character.
The Arabic equivalent means to be mature.
Hebrew words are built upon stories or pictures. Tzedek means true prosperity, right living, rightwiseness, health brining, bountifulness and equity.
Tzedek is the ability and authority to hold the world in balance.
A melchizedek king/priest is a mature believer who can hold the world together in balance and prosperity.
TZEDEK means we can rejoice! It means equity or prosperity! God’s ways of Right living in health, bounty, and true properity.
OUR MELCHIZEDEK ASSIGNMENT IS TO MAINTAIN BALANCE AND RIGHT RELATIONSHIP OF PROSPERITY AMONG ALL THINGS IN THE CREATED ORDER.
Notice that the Lord asked Abraham if he could find ten tzedek in Sodom? Are there any mature and balanced in prosperity there? Are there ten in your town? Can the LORD find ONE who is TZEDEK?
Now, the NT Greek word for “righteousness” translates the same as the Hebrew tzedek.
Interestingly, Matthew 24:37-41 tells us the story of the wicked being taken away and the righteous are those who remain.
DEAD SEA SCROLLS USES the NAME Melchizedek AS ONE OF THE NAMES OF MESSIAH – WAS CHRIST.
The Melchizedek priesthood comes to full expression with Christ. Of course, Jesus became righteousness for us. He gives us His righteousness. It is already ours… We just need to appropriate it. The heavens declare His righteousness (tzedek), and all the people see his glory.
Heb. 1:8 tells us, but of the son, he says, Your throne of God is forever and ever, and Your righteous septer is the scepter of Your kingdom. WE HOLD THIS PRIESTHOOD OF ENDLESS LIFE! My friend, DO YOU SEE YOURSELF as a righteous septer? Do you STAND IN THE KING/PRIEST POSITION and do our OPERATe OUT OF THE MELCHZEDEK Royal PRIESTHOOD?
HOW YOU SEE your SITUATIONS is what will happen. How you SEE wealth -- is what happens.
DO YOU SEE THE POSSIBILITY TO OWN THE GROUND OF your MELCHiZEDEK ASSIGNMENT?
Remember, PROSPERITY AND KEEPING THE WORLD IN BALANCE IS OUR promised domain. Jesus already gave it to us.
For most of us to obtain the Melchizedek mindset means that we must RE-WIRE THE CIRCUITS
* We must DISARM the DIS-EMPOWERING SYSTEMS INSIDE OF US –
* We must BREAK OFF CONSTRAINT… and be released in truth.
A well balanced life experiences PROSPERITY -- IN EVERY AREA OF LIFE.
To INCREASE the way we UNDERSTAND the Scriptures allows us to live in Resurrection power now.
God is far greater than poverty, the recession, the stock market crashes, or someone trying to steal your inheritance. He knows the hairs on our head. He knows every move of every atom & quark. He knows the number of stars, the number of the grains of sand, the number of leaves on all the tress.
And He created everything for YOU. God is ENAMORED, ENCHANTED, ENRAVISHED, ASTONISHED, fascinated, captivated, enthralled, delighted, SPELLBOUND, OBSESSED, MESMERIZED, EXILERATED WITH YOU!
He has GIVEN you POWER & authority TO CREATE -- IN YOUR WORLD, TO DETERMINE the future, to bless others with His favor. Right now it is time to MOVE TO DOMINION thoughts. LIKE MAGNET be pulled into the NEXT LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS. AS SOON AS THE Spirit of Life enters into your mind, then spiritual soul-realm prosperity begins. That’s because a prospero as soul inherits the kingdom of God. Remember, there are great Rewards in having a prosperous mind (heart):
1. it gives you access to what Romans calls “the Spirit of Life.” Prosperous thinking fills you with love and forgiveness.
2. It sustains a well-balanced life.
3. Immunizes itself from self-limitation.
4. Gives you the ability to learn new information and remember pertinent facts.
5. Able to respond correctly to facts and then apply correct action to a problem.
6. Maintain enduring and valuable friendships. No more vying for position – all of us are Melchizedek!
7. Radiate peace, wisdom, faith, and understanding.
8. Shows vitality and excitement.
9. LIVES IN FULL PROSPERITY – and that means financial $ as well.
You will never fully PROSPER WITHOUT THE PROPER MIND SET. Do you ever wonder, “WHERE IS THE NEXT MOVE OF GOD???? “ The answer, is – the next move of God is IN YOU and ME! It is in obtaining Dominion thinking of who you and I fully are in Christ.
The majority of our SPIRITUAL WARFARE needs to occur within OUR MIND - in order for us to obtain OUR promised INHERITANCE NOW.
My friend, it doesn’t matter if you have memorized all the Scriptures. IT doesn’t matter how loud you can preach. We must remain open for new paradigms of truth – all of us must be ready for constant change and to move toward greater influence and productivity.
Obviously, there was no sickness in the garden – nor is there sickness in heaven. There’s no misery, no addiction, and no poverty there either! Material prosperity is part of our DIVINE inheritance! It is the realm of our Melchizedek rule. Having material prosperity, blessings, and health are part of our covenantal rights. Prosperity is our right … not for control, not for greed and grasping – but so that God’s purposes will be promoted without hindrance.
The Good news of the Gospel is not just walking down the aisle one time – but apprehending our inheritance blessings right here on earth.
* That’s why preaching is linked with miracles and healings! It’s God’s will to bless us!
Revelation must become unveiled within our SOUL. We need to ponder, and meditate on how to apprehend of our Melchizedek position. It’s a belief system! What we believe is who we are.
The magnitude of this revelation is ongoing and ever unveiling. TZEDEK is our DOMINION RULE. IT is our apostolic governing platform.
TZEDEK is our INFLUENCE. TZEDEK determines the metron or measure of our reach. It’s the SCOPE of our ability to succeed.
1 Jn. Tells us the well known Scripture, “I pray above all that your prosper, even as your soul prospers." This author was John… the “one Jesus loved.” The one who LAID his HEAD ON the Lord’s chest at the communion supper. He was the favored friend of the Lord… and John said that above all his desire for us was to prosper. The SOURCE Bible translates this verse, 1 JN. 2 My dear friend, I claim that you have a prosperous path with regard to all things and are completely healthy with regard to all things, just as your life has a prosperous path.
I claim (strong emphatic present case construction. ) - I claim what is already yours. I claim that you are already in this present time prosperous!
* Beloved, we CLAIM what is ours, we don’t beg, we don’t finagle! We apprehend it! This isn’t hyper-faithism, this is Scripture. The Greek says that we are to claim things as if we already have them… they are ours now (right now in the present) if we believe.
* This verse talks about a prosperity that the early church reader understood to encompass the removal of difficulties, physical health, and material prosperity.
(3), “... I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in the truth.”
IT’S A TRUTH THAT WE CAN PROSPER.
HEBREW PROSPERITY= “TO PUSH FORWARD.” TO EXCEED, TO BRING SUCCESS, TO COMPLETE A MISSION, OR TO HAVE INCREASE -- EVERY AREA OF LIFE.
1. IS PROFOUND AND DEEP
2. IS NOT INSTANT -- JOURNEY.
3. DEMANDS MATURITY TO HANDLE IT.
4. IS NOT MY ABILITY, BUT GOD’S.
TRUE PROSPERITY = OBTAINS ALL YOU NEED TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT God has CALLED YOU TO DO.
Prosperity in the ability to fulfil God’s will in your life.
Many years ago, in my church, we would always say, “The provision for the vision is in the house! “ and it was. God’s will is His bill!
* MY FRIEND GOD BELIEVES IN YOU… HE IS PLEASE WITH YOU
* G. WAITS 4 MATURE BELIEVERS TO COME FORTH who are CONGRUIENT – WHOLE IN THEIR MIND, AND FULLY INTEGRATED.
* HE LOOKS FOR THOSE WHO AGREE WITH What HE REVEALS
As we close today, let’s make application of what we’ve been talking about. No matter where you are situated today in regard to prosperity, ask yourself again
Ask yourself and write down,
1. DOES my SOUL and life truly PROSPER?
2. DOES my BODY PROSPER?
3. WHY SHOULD I HAVE PROSPERITY?
1) What activities create the greatest value of life?
* Beyond your immediate family, think about what you are born to do. Where can you bring the greatest value? Take time, because this is about the most important things you can do for yourself. Make a list of 3 your gifts, talents, or activities that bring VALUE to your life and that of others.
2) Next, make a list of all distractions that keep you from obtaining your full prosperity and obtaining the values of your life. Is it a lack of knowledge. Are you distracted by your email being on all the time? (I had to turn mine off and designate times to look at it.) Is it the telephone? Decide how you can regulate these interruptions and distractions so that you can accomplish the dream of your heart.
3) Look at your list of Values. Pray over them. Meditate on them. This week, spend one hour every day on increasing and actualizing each imperative value.
You’ll find it worth doing for the rest of your life.
Remember, you can find lots more about melchizedek on my website, www.kluane.org
As we close today, I bless you today with the Melchizedek BLESSING of VICTORY and PROSPERITY.
That you might find even greater increase – that past limiting understandings give way for the discovery of ongoing present TRUTHS (truths that are discovered jewels in our drawer of inheritance)… I claim that the inheritances of truth be revealed and discovered.
I declare that right now you do prosper and that you are in health even as your SOUL (mind, will, emotions) and life prosper… even now as the comprehension of your MINDSET expands may you prosper!
|Last Updated on Sunday, 12 February 2012 12:53|