|past||| Print ||
|Written by drk|
|Sunday, 12 October 2008 15:59|
Principal function: The pastor is called and chosen of God to lead the church. The Pastor will shepherd the congregation, ministering and ruling in oversight over the congregation in spiritual and natural functions. The Pastor is to be in touch with God - for self and the leading of the flock.
The pastor’s chief job is to strategize and be a leader. The critical job is to provide the discipline to sustain the key goals and strategy over time. As in any organization, ideas pour in every day – suggestions from everyone. There's all this input, and lots of it will be INCONSISTENT with the organization's goals and strategy. The pastor’s job is (without being rigid or passive) is to adhere to a clear and very sustained direction. To make sure that EVERYONE understands the goals and strategy. Then they can help in achieving those goals. Every person is important, therefore everyone and everything counts! Repeat, "THIS IS WHAT WE STAND FOR!" However, maintaining direction and strategy becomes a cause… it’s about being effective. And arriving at goals.
The Pastor is the primary leader and person in charge. That does not make the primary leader any better or more important than others, but chief among equals. Associates will attempt to receive vision and direction from God for their own ministries as interpreted in light of the house vision and incorporated with the primary leader’s overall vision.[i]
There may be extreme circumstances or emergency situations when the Senior Pastor will make decisions separate from the Elders for conscience sake. However, the pastor will not withhold information from the Elders when an incident has not been properly corrected, or when there may be opportunities for serious repercussions that could affect the life and well-being of the church.
REGULAR DUTIES: In general, the pastor of Jubilee will function as a prophetic leader, which refers “to speaking under the special inspiration of God. This includes the special ability to receive and communicate an immediate message and direction of God to His people through a divinely anointed utterance.”
1. Regular pulpit ministry. Assuming long term, personal care for the spiritual welfare of this group of believers. Shepherding will be people oriented.
2. Pastor will be well established in Biblical truth and impart clear vision from the Word of God.
3. To counsel those seeking help who are unable to be served by the Eldership.
4. To train leadership in the church.
5. Supervise staff of the church.
6. Serve on the Eldership of the church. Love them as our own family.
7. Oversee or initiate the oversight of the total church ministry and Christian education of the believer.
8. Lead in planning, implementing plans and evaluating plans.
9. Provide spiritual leadership in worship, prayer, teaching, preaching, giving, kindness evangelizing, fellowship and other spiritual functions of the church.
10. Make those decisions that do not require the advice of functioning groups within the church.
11. Maintain relationships within and without the church with further the building and maintaining of the Kingdom of God.
12. Supervise maintenance and construction of facilities.
13. Host visiting ministries (or assign).
14. Evaluate church structure and functioning.
15. Prepare job descriptions and expectations.
16. Enforce church discipline.
17. The main job of a pastor is people, not things. If someone else can do the job, they should do it.
1. Exchange pulpit with churches that are voluntarily fellowshipping together.
2. Serve on presbyteries.
3. Serve on city and Christian counsels with further the image in the community.
4. Be involved in civic interests when or if required.
SKILLS, EDUCATION and other REQUIREMENTS:
1. Proven ministry and ability to move with the Holy Spirit.
2. Biblical training.
3. Ability to try to get along with all kinds of people
My main job is not to build a church, or a ministry, but to grow in faith. As a ministry, JUBILEE is just now being moved into position to begin the ultimate mission. The task is much bigger than I am. However, our goal is not the work, but rather to grow in faith in the One who alone can accomplish it.
PERSONAL GOAL STATEMENT (God gives me goals that excite me personally.)
To equip the Body of Christ for the work of the ministry, enabling them to understand the Word so that they can productively apply it to their lives.
To help other pastors develop their vision.
One who equips others to unlock their destiny in Christ. To change lives. To become an accurate prophetic teacher, author, song writer who trains and equips through networking and bridging contacts. One who changes the church doctrines to correct/accurate truths. Making God’s presence known. To bring hope.
Do I fulfill my purpose?
I have decided to walk in this specific area of faith. This goal of pastoring Jubilee is a dream coming to pass in my life. Therefore, I walk in faith and joy because JUBILEE pleases God (Heb. 11:6). He rewards my faith with the understanding of His will, by which I will obtain victory.
I refuse to see, hear, or sense any other negative sense oriented feeling or emotion. I can have what I settle for, therefore, that “fear” feeling cannot touch me with worry or anxiety. I will not speak of inability or sickness. My health and well being improves daily. I do not fear failure nor am I afraid of demons or people. I am calm and restful -- never anxious or fretful. My soul is prosperous and transformed.
I take the oversight of JUBILEE (thereof). That which I set my hand to will prosper.
OBJECTIVES: (see my book, “On Getting There” Note: Of course each of us will have our own list… just including a few ideas here.)
1. Personal Goals (such as)
Take ongoing classes to upgrade knowledge
Continue to study advertising and finances
Study about grants
Discover ways to empower & equip others to change neighborhoods and nations
Define unified action and practical solutions
Spiritual (internal and external) Goals:
Professional – job:
Personal financial needs:
Family and home life:
Recreation, rest, hobbies, and entertainment:
Involvements – (chores, duties, friends.)
What does God want from me?
I can minister out of duty, obedience, --even servanthood-- and completely miss ministering IN HIS PRESENCE
è I’m called to give direction and inspiration of God: To make an impact on this world
To challenge people to sacrifice their lives for the Gospel
To achieve excellence.
To teach the word of God in a way that can be practical and usable.
Outward, focused, action oriented, practical teaching.
To shake & correct the core foundational wrong teachings of the church.
My vulnerability is at the core of my expression.
· My desire to affect other people will become effective through authentic communication.
· Therefore, I need to discuss specific situations that brought difficulty, and tell a process that brought victory. Allow an exposure of my heart by preaching about things that make me anxious, angry, or discouraged – and how I leaned to overcome them.
[i] DeKoven ibid pg. 81
|Last Updated on Sunday, 12 February 2012 12:45|